Getting your child photographed? Here is a must read …
They grow up so quickly and we believe it is so important to document their journey through life with photography that we have come up with a ‘to do’ list of sorts. Beyond this article we invite you to contact us if we may be of any help with this journey through life, so here’s a few suggestions which think you will find helpful for making your children’s photos truly unique.
- Make sure they have haircuts about a week before the shoot, this way you can be sure that they look fresh but not ‘straight out of the barber’s chair’
- Get those knees and feet clean! – many images we take involve your child on their tummy or sitting and if your session is in the summer months Mum will be horrified to see dirty knees.
- Avoid logos and stripes on their clothes – why? Because we want the face to be the centre of attention, not a coke logo.
- Make sure they are fed beforehand – full bellies make for happy kids and they will have a better concentration span. As a rule of thumb in our family shoots we will always photograph the children first as they have a tendency to be attentive at first but it doesn’t take long for the mind to wander.
- Bring a change of clothes – there is nothing more fun than playing in the dirt while you are waiting for your turn and as Murphy would have it, if there is a chance, it will happen. Always best to be prepared for this.
We all know that when we look at a photo we are taken back to how we felt on the day so we have provided these few pointers to help you make the most of your photo session and they are some assistance to you.